I just realised that I haven’t made a single post about any
local music or artist. It’s a true shame. South Africa is truly blessed with
the amount of fantastic artists we have popping up left right and centre. One
such band, that just happens to be my favourite local outfit, Reburn.
Reburn is an indie rock band straight from the Mother City.
Nowadays indie is a very loosely used term, and all I can say is that these
gents are very different from your usual indie band. The band is made up of
Wade Brown (drums), Quinton van Rooyen (bass), Craig Hermanus (vocals &
guitar), Alex McFarlane (guitar) and Scottie Moore (vocals).
I have to admit that last year was the very first time I had
heard of them. Quinton was interviewed
at the station which I work at, so I obviously had to check them out. I listened
to their single “No Other Place” and I was blown away. The song received quite
a bit of airplay on one of South Africa’s national radio stations, 5fm. Next, I
decided to share the song with some other local tracks to a few of my friends.
Everyone loved the music, but one song stuck out....”No Other Place”. Some
could not believe that they were a local band.
Where they truly hooked me, was when I saw them perform live. The guys were just phenomenal. It was evident that these boys absolutely love what they do. Most bands can pull a great live show off, but somehow this felt like so much more. It was just electrifying. They had me and the whole crowd dancing to songs we didn't even as if we did. One thing which I always admire in a band is variety. There is no point in having one sound and repeating it over and over. Reburn most definitely has variety, look no further than their latest offering "Won't Let Go".
They’re definitely a band to look out for. They’re going to be
the talk of the country. Currently, the band is working on an album which will
be available very soon.
P.S. Don’t believe me? What better way to judge a band than
by hearing them go raw and do an
acoustic number:

Good man, SA artists need to get more recognition
ReplyDelete