"Without music, life would be a mistake"- Friedrich
Nietzsche
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no
pain." - Bob Marley
"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe." - Lao
Tzu
"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this
world, then it can only happen through music." - Jimi Hendrix
We've all turned to music at the worst of times and we've all shared
celebrations with music. Music has always been an integral part of human life,
and as humans evolved so did the sweet sound of music. Music is a universally
understood language, which can still express such intense emotion without a
single word being said.
I am Nikola, a student living in the heart of the beautiful Cape Town. I
am passionate about sport, but my soft spot is music. I have never really had
the patience to become good at playing or making music but it is nevertheless
still a big part of my life. It always has been. From road trips with the
family, to studying for high school exams, to going crazy with friends. It
doesn’t matter if it’s Hip Hop, Latin, Balkan folk, EDM, Rock, Jazz, Blues, I
love it all.
Early last year I began presenting at an online radio station by
the name of Zone Radio. I was instantly hooked. It is at Zone where I started
discovering many South African artists, both established and up and comers. I
was blown away. To this day I keep finding new artists who just wow me. It’s
really gotten me excited. The South African music scene is no longer considered
by many to be some joke. It is fantastic to see the support and demand grow for
local talent. We are even seeing local acts make a name for themselves
overseas. All I can say is, watch the SA music scene VERY closely....it’s just
going to keep on booming. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store.
This blog is all about music: festivals, artists, latest trends, album
reviews, gigs, news....anything and everything related to notes and beats.
Let’s share this musical journey together....

No comments:
Post a Comment